Good Places to Give Right Now (Updated)
DeYoe Wealth Management remains committed to our community and supporting causes closest to our hearts. We are always looking for ways to do more. In light of recent events, we hope you will join us in supporting — by way of your donations and patronage — the organizations and businesses of your choosing at the following links:
Official Black Wall Street: Directory of Black-Owned Businesses
Black Lives Matter: Fund the Movement
Black-Owned Restaurants and Pop-ups in the Bay Area:
Please see below for a list of other places still in need of help during this pandemic.
Thank you for whatever you can do!
- Alameda County Food Bank, multiple locations https://www.accfb.org/
- St. Vincent De Paul, Oakland https://www.svdp-alameda.org/donate.html
- First Presbyterian, Castro Valley https://www.firstpreshayward.com/ (They run 2 shelters and a food pantry.)
These last two also need supplies such as paper plates, plastic utensils, brown lunch bags to serve food to unhoused people.
Two other recommendations: The first is a licensed nonprofit, the second more informal but very on-the-ground. These include hygiene supply distribution, not just food.
East Oakland Collective
- About: East Oakland food and hygiene supply distribution for homeless encampments and other vulnerable populations. Includes supplying encampments with wash stations and toilets.
- Website: http://www.eastoaklandcollective.com/
- Contact: 510-990-0775 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Oakland Collective Donate/Volunteer Form includes ways to donate money for specific needs
- EOC Amazon Wishlist: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/34WTXF93SNHIG?ref_=wl_share
- EOC General Tax-Deductible Donations: https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/NjYzNDM=
“Where do we go?” Berkeley Homeless Encampment COVID-19 Fund
- About: Hygiene and survival supplies and food for Berkeley homeless encampments
- Website: https://www.gofundme.com/f/where-do-we-go-berk-ca
- Contact: Andrea Henson (contact via gofundme)
In addition, DeYoe Wealth Management (and Kate and I personally) have supported three homeless services organizations in Berkeley that are in the same boat.
Building Opportunities For Self-Sufficiency (BOSS)
- Dedicated to fighting against the root causes of poverty and homelessness.
Berkeley Food and Housing Project (BFHP)
- Working one-on-one with our clients to move them toward independence and into safe and affordable housing since 1970
Women’s Daytime Drop-In Center
- Supporting those in need with special resources so families can stay safe while in transition.
The pandemic is hitting everyone. It hits some far harder than others. If you can… please help.
Please feel free to share a link of this blog post to someone you know who may be willing to help.